edit featured

Civil Twilight: The Edit #2

14:10Millicent Metcalfe

Civil Twilight are a four-piece band originating from Cape Town, South Africa. Having started their career as a trio, they soon formed a four man band. I soon discovered that over the coming years, the group spent years practicing  in local church halls and garages, before graduating to the local club scene, becoming a well-respected act.

Civil Twilight have quickly become one of my favourite bands as-of late. Often having a 'One man and his piano' kind of feel to their songs, falling in love with the band wasn't exactly going to be hard.
They have such a gentle, dove-like sound that I can imagine would really appeal to the masses. You could say it's 'purely a man and his piano', but actually, I think it's more than that.
The band have cited some of their musical influences and interests ranging from Oasis to The National. In all honesty i'm surprised I didn't find them sooner, having toured with the likes of some of my favourites, including: Florence + the Machine, Neon Trees, Jimmy Eat World, and Of Monsters and Men, among other dates with The Young Giant.

Having released 2 studio albums, i'd love to say they're both faultless. Their debut, self-titled album will always be one of my favourites. It really pushed them as a group, helping them to really find their own sound. Their haunting tracks, and incredible capacity to enchant just about anyone in under thirty seconds, had me as a fan from the get go. One of my favourite tracks from the band ' Letters from the Sky' was in the Top 10 alternative radio charts for 6 months. If this doesn't tell you something, there's no hope. They have had their songs featured on many TV spots, including One Tree Hill, Terminator, The Vampire Diaries, and Underworld.

I'm still loving their latest album two years on, and I would really encourage you to too! (whoops).






Well, I just hope we won't be waiting too long for another album. Lads, I love it.

Millie x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form