review

Magic Man.

14:40Millicent Metcalfe

Magic man are a synth-rock band hailed all the way from Boston, US. The band initially began its career as a duo consisting of Sam Lee and Alex Caplow, but not long after they were joined by friends Justine Bowe, Nolan Robert, and Daniel Radin. And just like that, two became five. 

With just a 5 track EP to their name, the band's synth-pop was a hit with the masses. The initial two friend duo quickly evolved into a five person band who were not letting anyone down with their spirited,exhilarated tracks. Magic Man will be sure to grab you with their keyboard hooks and amazing guitar riffs.

This poignant quintet perform synth-rock like no other. I mean they do sound familiar but not familiar enough that I feel as though i'm sick of hearing them. Hearing this band for the first time made me think if there was anything I'd heard of before, but it seems all of my musical knowledge had blurred into a mess of electro-pop or alternative rock. I would honestly love to give whoever thought of this album a MASSIVE pat on the back because I think they were onto a winner. 

They are quiet, well thought through and effortlessly put together. This quintet from Boston could well be my latest jam. I say 'could well' but what I really mean is "I'm already addicted, I may have a serious problem on my hands." 
I can't quite put my finger on what I love about them so much. Poignant, thoughtful, and a 5 track EP to their name that would make any successful band weep with jealousy. But it's their hooks and the relaxed sounds that'll get you, please, don't tell me you can't see this lot on a festival stage? 
However, they mustn't get credited with all of the glory. We surely have to give praise to Ted Wiggins, the man who produced the artwork for 'Texas' and 'Paris'? The artwork Ted created reminds me of the pictures you often see in hipster bars, or on tumblr posts. It's cool and it suits the band, as well as fitting to their sound. I have to say it just incase no one else does, Great job Ted. 

At the end of it all, it is the music that keeps the fans hooked. Myself included,  gosh I'm definitely no exception. Magic man delivers on sound, looks, (not that the looks are key) and character. They're something different. Something for music lovers like myself to really sink our teeth into. (That definitely sounded creeper than intended). The track 'Texas' displays the vocal capability of Magic Man and yet exhibits their seamless transitions in energy. The belting choruses and catchy bass lines are the makings of a great thing. I really hope these guys go big, because by the looks of things, they seem to deserve it. My favourite tracks are 'Paris', 'Texas' and 'Waves'.

Magic Man are a triumphant synth-rock band from Boston who are taking the music biz by storm. 




I suggest you keep your eyes peeled.


Millie x
  



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form